Many doctors and health experts recommend the use of silicone-based personal lubricants and water-based personal lubricants to sufferers of vaginal dryness. Vaginal dryness occurs for a range of reasons including menopause where the genital tissue becomes thinner, dryer and more susceptible to pain and infection. Using a silicone-based personal lubricant or water-based personal lubricant helps to add moisture to the genital area and this in turn helps to alleviate the symptoms. Vaginal dryness has an impact not only in the intimate life of sufferers but also on everyday activities such as walking, sitting and during sports. In short using a personal lubricant helps to improve not only your love life but also many other aspects of day to day life.
To sum up, personal lubricants have many uses:
- Help make sex more pleasurable during and after menopause.
- Are suitable for relaxing massages.
- Reducing pain during sports.
- Helps reduce pain during everyday activities, such as walking and sitting.
- Regular use of a personal lubricant can relieve the discomfort of vaginal dryness.
- In general, to relieve the symptoms of vaginal dryness, such as itching and burning.
The decision on why and how often to use a personal lubricant is up to each individual and/or couple. However, a decision does have to be made in advance as to which type of personal lubricant is for you. There are silicone-based lubricants, water-based lubricants, hybrid lubricants and oil-based lubricants. The differences between these types of personal lubricants are explained below.
Silicone-based lubricants and water-based lubricants – the differences
Silicone-based lubricants are made of silicone molecules. These molecules are larger than the pores of the skin, so the silicone-based lubricant does not penetrate the skin, but remains on the surface. The protective film it produces on the skin is breathable, offers particularly long-lasting lubrication and produces a silky-soft skin feeling.
pjur med provides the choice of the following silicone-based lubricants. The types of silicone used by pjur are of the highest quality, and are also used in the cosmetics industry to produce hair and skin care products:
- pjur med PREMIUM glide: Is specifically formulated for dry and highly sensitive mucous membrane in the genital area. It contains no preservatives, has been tested on highly sensitive skin and is suitable for all types of skin and mucous membranes.
- pjur med SOFT glide: The second silicone-based lubricant of the series is enhanced with natural jojoba oil and is suitable for very dry and sensitive mucous membranes in the genital area. It also provides long-lasting lubrication.
The main component of a water-based lubricant is water. When it is applied to the vaginal lining, the water-based lubricant is absorbed into the upper layers of the skin and so provides the mucous membranes with the needed moisture. This helps to moisturise the mucous membranes and alleviate the symptoms of vaginal dryness. Because the water in these personal lubricants is absorbed into the skin relatively quickly, they do not ensure a long-lasting lubrication. But this can easily be prolonged through multiple applications. This type of personal lubricant should leave the skin feeling soft and pleasant, and not sticky. To both moisturise and care for the skin, some of the water-based lubricants in the pjur med series contain naturally sourced ingredients. pjur med water-based lubricants are suitable for every skin type. The following pjur med personal lubricants are suitable for all skin types and for daily use:
- pjur med REPAIR glide: Contains regenerative hyaluronic acid for dry and stressed vaginal lining. As hyaluronan has the ability to bind large amounts of water, REPAIR glide ensures superior lubrication.
- pjur med SENSITIVE glide: Women with especially sensitive mucous membranes in the genital area should use this water-based lubricant with no preservatives, glycerin or parabens. It has been dermatologically tested and is very well tolerated by the mucous membranes.
- pjur med VEGAN glide: It contains vegan ingredients and is produced without animal testing. It is pH-balanced, does not contain perfumes, parabens or glycerin and is therefore suitable for sensitive mucous membranes and is well tolerated.
- pjur med NATURAL glide: Because of the pure vegetable glycerin and natural and nature-based formulation, it provides long-lasting lubrication and additional moisture. It is suitable for all skin types. Ideal for daily use.
Hybrid personal lubricants
Hybrid personal lubricants are a mix of these two types, which consist of water as well as a small amount of silicone. As such, they lubricate very well, particularly in the use of aids such as vibrators or dilators. In addition, the consistency is optimal for application due to the mixture of water and silicone. Within the pjur med series, we do not offer hybrid personal lubricants, but do have some within the classical pjur range of intimate products. Check www.pjurlove.com for more information.
Oil-based personal lubricants
The main ingredient in an oil-based personal lubricant is – as the name suggests – oil. This type of personal lubricant is therefore not water soluble and must be washed off after use. At pjur med, we do not produce oil-based lubricants, for the following reasons:
- Oil-based lubricants cannot be used with latex condoms, as oil corrodes latex.
- An oil-based lubricant should not be used with the aids mentioned if they are made of latex – for the same reason.
- There is an increased risk for infection and irritation in the genital area.
With our range of personal lubricants, pjur med meets the needs of all women and their partners. Carefree sexuality should be ensured in all stages of life.
Try pjur med silicone-based lubricants and water-based lubricants!
For feedback or questions about our silicone-based lubricants and water-based lubricants, we look forward to receiving your message at email@example.com.